Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One day at a time....


That's all we can do. One day at a time. It's great to have goals, but to reach them we have to take one day at a time. Days add up to weeks, then months, then years. That's how habits are made. That's how physiques are changed.

I used to think I had to change everything all at once. I've since changed my mind. I think that I need to change one thing each week (or month)and focus on getting that one thing perfected. Too much change can mess with you! It can overwhelm. I'm a really good example of that.

We also have to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day. The pounds will come off, but at a rate that is sometimes frustrating. Two lbs per week. When a person is 100 lbs overweight that seems mind blowing...BUT...1.5 to 2 lbs per week translates to 75-100 lbs in ONE year. That sounds fabulous doesn't it?

I joined Beachbody's contest, and I'm going to also do the eatcleandiet.com challenge. A girl from DEWEY of all places won this year's challenge. Dewey is about an hour from where I live! A local girl...pretty cool. My turn.

No comments: