Thursday, January 5, 2012

Changes...


After about a week of clean eating my body has gone thru a sort of detox. Lots of tummy grumblings and headaches. I feel better today, but had some intestinal issues this morning.

I've been reading my new Clean Eating magazine and gathering some new recipes. I need to venture out a bit in the kitchen. It gets boring eating plain old chicken breasts and rice. There's a world of spices and recipes out there. I eat oatmeal, protein powder, and berries almost every morning. I think something new is due, don't you?

I had a wonderful salad for lunch today. I used organic greens, added grilled chicken, feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and a few dried cranberries. Topped with a little raspberry walnut vinaigrette.

I'm getting back in the groove as far as eating goes. We'll work on exercise next week :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

Oh sweetie, you are so not alone. I live in Canada and face the exact same challenges. I am so impressed that you have created this blog (which I found when I Googled "Fit and Fifty).

I tried a very unflattering photo of myself as a screensaver to keep me on track. Man, what a kick in the head every time I started my computer. So I am figuring that a slightly gentler appraoch will work.

'Wishing you all the best as you move forward. We're cheering for you (and ourselves)!

Anne from Canada