Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Okay.....


I'm back from Turkey Day vacation. San Diego was great. We went down to the Seaport Village and Old Town. I have never in my life seen so many FAT people. It's like when you buy a new car and then you SEE that car everywhere! I see fat people..... EVERYWHERE!!! It just makes me sick to my stomach to sit in a restaurant and watch people eat. They just SHOVEL it in...same thing down at the Port. Junk food city.

I have always been up front with my progress reports and I'll tell ya....I did not do as well as I had planned. I overate, underexercised, and under planned. I felt pressured to eat everything in sight--my problem...I know. Something I need to get an handle on. There were some good moments...the days I exercised and ate well. My mother in law actually laughed at me when I asked her if there was a gym nearby. Geez....

ANYHOO..... I am back on track. Today I ate brown rice, lean beef, salsa, apple, oatmeal and berries. Tonight will be chicken and veggies.

I worked out and did really well. No setbacks there. Was able to do a few more reps on a couple of exercises--like my bench press.

Jacket update...WELL...the buttons still BARELY button, but feel like they are gonna pop any second and that would be, well.....scary!! LOL!!! I gained 5 lbs on this little 5 day jaunt. Things are tight around the middle.

I still have my vision, and I am still aiming for my goals. Nothing will stop me. Christmas will not be the hurdle that Thanksgiving was. I know what not to do, and I will be better prepared. I don't bake much, so there won't be a lot of junk around. I can eat what I need to eat.

4 comments:

My 1-2-3 Fat Loss Solution said...

Shari, love the pic and hear you on the number of obese people around. The last time I visited Vegas I was disgusted and refuse to eat at any restuarant that had a buffet...change has to come!

Margaret2007 said...

Hi Shari...Just wanted to drop a line to let you know my "boy" is off to Iraq for his 2nd tour...I am keenly aware of the emotional havoc that this can play, leading me to be more "tempted" to comfort myself with food. I am so grateful to say that I am turning to prayer and friends instead...That "comfort" of food doesn't make me feel better at all!

Here's to our boys, and all the other service people, who are tested daily beyond what we can fathom!

Your son is also in my prayers.

Margaret

Marbella said...

Glad your trip was a good one as sometimes you just need to do something outrageous so getting back to the nitty-gritty makes sense. Proud that you are back in line. Take care! Sent you an email about your son.....
Lynda

Katschi said...

5 lbs in 5 days is just not fair! Isn't it incredible how fast it wants to jump back on?
Your eating for the day back sounds delish, though.
I haven't been keeping up with blogs lately...busy...but I'll drop your son an email just to say hi!