Thursday, December 4, 2008

Not much to say today....





I worked out this morning, I'm eating right (so far so good!). My weights lifted or reps are slowly but surely creeping upwards. Each week I'm up a bit or can do one more rep. Just trying to get the 5 lbs off that I gained over the holiday.

Why don't we learn???? We KNOW what that kind of food does to us, and yet we just shovel the stuff in. Geez....I'm just sick of it.

Hoping you have a wonderful day. And here's a little something to pick you up:

Remember when I asked you all to email my son over the holiday? Well....Lynda did it! Here's a copy of her letter and my son's response: You might want to read from the bottom of this post up.

Hi Shari,
I just read your message to Margaret, and made me think that hadn´t told you that your son David wrote me an email! Isn´t that great? I was so surprised and pleased. Anyway, wanted to send it to you so you could read something from him.

Glad to see you are back. Me too. Guests are all gone home and can have a life again. Am now busy getting things straightened up around here and organizing my life.....am still tired.

Hugs,
Lynda


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:
Date: Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Subject: Re: Happy Thanxgiving!
To: lyndadiaz@gmail.com



Hi Lynda,
How do you know my mom? I've always wanted to go to Spain. It's where my family comes from. We had a great Thanksgiving. I wasn't able to spend it with my family but all of my Marines are like my brothers. It's getting pretty cold here as well. It warms up during the day but gets freezing at night. I like it here. Afghanistan isn't so bad. It's very pretty but I guess that comes from growing up in the desert. It feels a lot like home. Have a great day!
-David-




-----Original Message-----
From: Lynda Díaz
To: dmcopetillo@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:32
Subject: Happy Thanxgiving!


Hi!
I´m an online friend of your mother, and wanted to wish you and your buddies a wonderful Thanxgiving! I live in Madrid, Spain, so we don´t have an official Thanxgiving (of course), but I do roast a chicken and whatever. The weather is below zero now every morning, but still sunny skies. Shari talks of you often and we all want to take on wishing you the very best Today and EVERY DAY! Am very proud of you guys and appreciate all you do for all of us.

=0 D
(You know you have a marvelous mother! Shari is absolutely the best and besides now is doing so well with her weights and weightloss. Know you are proud of her as are we!).

Hugs,
Lynda Díaz

3 comments:

Suzette said...

that is so awesome of Lynda to do that. I really was going to as well...things just side tracked me and I never did. still can, though, and just might!
we are proud of your son and him fighting for our country and our freedoms and those of other countries as well.

Shari Kraft said...

Thanks Suzette! David would love to hear from you. :)

Buffedstuff said...

I see you are back from your Holiday adventure and already back in action. Well, stay focused and keep aiming for what you really want.