Saturday, November 1, 2008

Who Caved to Trick or Treats????




Picture of me, ( of course!) and my front porch last night.

Hmmmmm.......did you? I am proud to report that I DID NOT!!!! I also weighed in this morning and I am down 1.5 lbs since Tuesday. My body fat is down 1% on my calipers which brings it to around 36.7 or so. I haven't checked the chart. Woohoo! Go Baby!

Just as I predicted, my ass is sore. My inner thighs and butt all the way up to my lower back are yelling at me today. I did a few stretches this morning and it felt so goooooood! I missed my workout this morning. Had to take my son to a Doctor appointment and we had to leave at 6:00 am. I will do it tonite when I get home.

EATING: Right on track. Sticking to within my calorie range that Carlos and I figured. Lots of chicken, fish, veggies, fruit, and whole grains. YUM... :)

Today will be my strength training and I am looking forward to doing it tonight. Hopefully there won't be any little mouse surprises waiting me!

Tomorrow is my Birthday. :) I will be 51. That is a fact that is really disturbing to me. I feel like I'm 25 in my head. It's hard to reconcile what I see in the mirror with what I feel. I am happy that I am a fun, young thinking "girl". Life would be so sad if I just let myself "go". So many women my age just think, "Okay, I'm 50--time to pig out and go to pot!" There are even women in their 40's that have this attitude. NOT ME!!! I will be striving to be my best for the rest of my life. I WILL attain my goal and then reach even higher for new goals.

Carlos and I talked a bit about motivation on Thursday afternoon. How do we stay motivated? First off, we need to simplify our lives. Get rid of the junk in our lives that doesn't work--in my mind this means relationships too. People don't "get" what we are doing. They drag us down and try to get us off course. We all know which people in our circles suck the life out of us. Eventually these people fade to the background of our lives. So let that happen, cut them loose. We'll make new friends. We need to be around people that support and are INTERESTED in what we are doing...just like Lynda said in her post yesterday. We Shredders fill the bill for each other.

When our motivation starts slipping we need to reexamine what our motivators are. Maybe what motivated us 6 months ago is not what motivates us now. I think it's a good idea to revise goals, PPA's, and PRW's on a daily basis. These things need to be in front of us every single day. Maybe you think I'm nuts...but if your motivation is slipping 2 weeks into your plan, then something is not working and you need to find it--fast!!

I do not have internet access in my little rural town. So....that means that I will not be able to post again until Tuesday morning. But no worries...that doesn't mean I won't be eating right and doing my workouts! Sunday is my rest day anyway, so I will only really be missing Monday. I wish you all could be here with me tomorrow for a birthday party! :)

13 comments:

juli gets happy said...

What a beautiful front porch. I wish we could have a coffee there now.

Just beautiful.

Juli

Shari Kraft said...

I know, wouldn't that be nice! We're having such nice weather. Its' cold in the morning, but warms up nice in the afternoons.

Marbella said...

Hey girlfriend SHARI! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!....Wish we could all be there to give you a birthday special- 25-year-old- and- counting hug. Do have a fabulous time and enjoy every minute. Drink some champagne and think of us. Will be sending you good vibes on Sunday and wishing you well. Congrats on your weight loss and all losses. Meaning the kicking out of those deadbeats hanging around. You are so on your way! Keep it going. One little binge won´t hurt, but get back asap! Happy Birthday again!
Lynda

My 1-2-3 Fat Loss Solution said...

ve a wonderful birthday and may all your dreams/goals come to fulfillment.

Ron said...

Happy birthday, Shari! You can start counting your years backwards instead of upwards, since you'll be feeling younger and younger as you get healthier. :)

Buffedstuff said...

Shari, I hope you have a awesome birthday celebration. Happy birthday to you;)

juli gets happy said...

Happy birthday to you, Shari, lalala.:-)

Adam Waters said...

Happy Birthday Shari! I believe you are right about eliminating the "junk" in our lives and simplifying them. See you again soon!

Jason said...

Happy birthday Shari, and congratulations on your progress!

Suzette said...

Loved your post today! It is time to get rid of some "junk"!
Happy Birthday!!! Hope it was a great one!! See you on tuesday!

Debbie said...

A big happy birthday to you Shari! I hope you enjoyed every minute.

Congrats on the weight loss. Ever pound and fraction of a pound counts!

KaliLilla.com said...

Happy Happy Birthday!

Margaret2007 said...

Ya know, Shari, I feel the same way about my age!!! It really is just a number and I feel better today at 49 than when I was 29!!!! I'd never go back, except to kiss my children's soft cheeks when they were little!!!!!!!!

Big Birthday Hug...
Margaret