Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Update




I know you have been waiting with baited breath to see how I did over my birthday weekend.....Well.......

It wasn't pretty, but not as bad as it could have been! I wanted Mexican food so bad I couldn't hardly stand it. I had made up my mind two weeks ago that I wanted to go to this particular restaurant. On the drive over...my common sense finally kicked in and I asked my hubby if he'd rather go to the steak house instead. He jumped at the idea! He is a real steak and potatoes guy. So we drove over and it was CLOSED! NO WAY!!! There are like only two restaurants in this town, so we ended up at Patrick McGillicuddy's. I had chicken fajitas, no tortilla, BUT...I had a margarita. They had a one man band playing live--that was fun. Mike had him sing happy birthday to me. I was mortified! LOL!!! After dinner he drove over to Safeway and bought me some roses. The most beautiful pink and white blooms. My favorites.

The best thing about this whole thing is that I ate perfectly all day, knew I was gonna eat out, but I immediately got back on the "program" after dinner. I also exercised that morning--my cardio circuit. So, I'm pretty proud of myself for getting back on track and not letting this make me feel guilty or turn into a binge.
I weighed and measured this morning and I am right where I was on Sunday morning. The thing that does "get" to me, is that I could have been so much farther along had I not "cheated".

I made the comment below in my last post about "junk". Carlos made some observations I hadn't thought about before: My thoughts on what he had to say are in caps.

"First off, we need to simplify our lives. Get rid of the junk in our lives that doesn't work--in my mind this means relationships too. People don't "get" what we are doing. They drag us down and try to get us off course. We all know which people in our circles suck the life out of us. Eventually these people fade to the background of our lives. So let that happen, cut them loose. We'll make new friends. We need to be around people that support and are INTERESTED in what we are doing...just like Lynda said in her post yesterday. We Shredders fill the bill for each other. "

CDJ: First lets understand relationships. OKAre we REALLY having a relationship? HMMMM.....

CDJ:Are you relating with someone else? Or are you merely interacting?? DEPENDS ON WHO IT IS.....

Allow people to "Define" themselves. VERY GOOD IDEA!!! I THINK WE NEED TO ENCOURAGE THIS FOR EVERYONE WE KNOW. THE BEST WAY IS TO BE A GOOD ROLE MODEL.

CDJ: Are they not interested in your highest good? NOT ALWAYS!!!
Are they not interested in your goals, and dreams? NOT ALWAYS...SOMETIMES PEOPLE CAN'T SEE ANYTHING ELSE BUT THEIR OWN DREAMS AND GOALS. PEOPLE CAN BE SELFISH SOMETIMES.

CDJ: Are they not trying to understand you or why you are doing what you are doing? I BELIEVE IF THEY ARE CLOSE TO YOU, THEN YES, THEY WILL UNDERSTAND, HOWEVER, THERE ARE TONS OF WOMEN OUT THERE THAT HAVE HUSBANDS THAT DON'T SUPPORT THEIR LIFE CHANGES..SUCH AS FITNESS AND FATLOSS. THESE WOMEN STRUGGLE EVERYDAY TRYING TO DO WHAT THEY NEED TO DO WITHOUT ANY SUPPORT SYSTEMS. THESE HUSBANDS FEEL THREATENED IN SOME WAY BY THEIR WIVES CHANGES. SOMETIMES OUR FRIENDS/FAMILY JUST DON'T HAVE ANY CLUE WHY WE NEED TO EAT CLEAN AND EXERCISE, AND SOMETIMES THEY DON'T EVEN WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT. AS WE BETTER OURSELVES THIS SOMETIMES PUTS A STRAIN ON THE RELATIONSHIP. PEOPLE DON'T WANT US TO BE BETTER, BECAUSE THEN THEY HAVE TO FACE THE TRUTH ABOUT THEIR OWN SITUATIONS, WHETHER IT BE THE 50 LBS HANGING OFF THEIR ASS, OR THE "RUTS" THEY ARE LIVING IN. THEY JUST DON'T WANT US TO BE BETTER THAN THEM....

CDJ: They are "DEFINING" themselves. Let them do what ever they will do. EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THE CHANCE TO DEFINE THEMSELVES....I'M JUST SAYING THAT WE NEED TO GET RID OF THE JUNK...DON'T KEEP HOLDING ONTO THINGS AND PEOPLE THAT DON'T WORK IN YOUR LIFE ANYMORE....SOMETIMES YOU JUST HAVE TO MOVE ON.

CDJ: They could be AUTOMATICALLY disqualifying themselves from any meaningful relationship with you. Think about that.

SK: People don't "get" what we are doing. They drag us down and try to get us off course. We all know which people in our circles suck the life out of us.

CDJ: Once they "define" themselves you don't have to let that happen!

SK: Eventually these people fade to the background of our lives. So let that happen, cut them loose.

CDJ: I submit to you that you won't have to cut them loose, they will separate themselves from you as they define who they are !

CARLOS RAISED SOME FABULOUS POINTS THAT WE SHOULD ALL THINK ABOUT. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS....I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

3 comments:

Marbella said...

Hi Shari,
Glad your happy birthday was indeed just that. Loved those fab roses! Perfect! My husband is not at all interested in what I am doing, but he doesn´t bother me in any way. Let´s me do whatever I desire, with no impediments, but no backup on it. No feedback, no interaction. That´s why I need this group so much. They understand me and what am struggling with. DEBBIE and I started out all alone trying to figure out what/how to manage to lose some weight, and without her would be 2 kms into the ditch by now. Friends are so valuable right now. You are doing so good! So proud of you. Did you vote? Can´t wait to see what´s coming. Sorta scary really.
Lynda

juli gets happy said...

Hey Shari. your husband is such an angel!!!

:-)

Shari Kraft said...

yes, he is! I don't know where I'd be without him.

Lynda...yes! I voted! I feel like we are on the verge of something big here in the states. One way or another change WILL be coming. I have been reading where people in Germany, Africa, and Israel are especially interested in our election. I hope whoever wins works to make us the country we were MEANT to be...the LEADERS we were meant to be. God didn't send our forefathers across the ocean to build a country that falls on it's ass in 200 years!