Saturday, November 8, 2008

Saturday Morning....last posting day for me























Day one on the left and today after my workout on the right. I know you can't SEE much change, but I'm here to tell ya there is!

Since I do not have access to the internet tomorrow, this will be my final post in the 14 day Shredder Challenge.

RESULTS:
1. I have learned that I need to get a grip on my "head". I need to kick Boredom's butt and stay focused, if I expect to make changes.

2. I have a plan that is working. SO...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

3. I have dropped 2% body fat and about 5 lbs scale weight. My jeans fit now. They were pretty tight two weeks ago, in fact I felt very uncomfortable in them. I am wearing them today! Well...slap my grandma! Woohoo!

4. I have learned that I CAN be consistent. I have done my workout EVERYDAY as planned...I have alternated strength training with a cardio circuit. Sundays were/are my rest day. I have increased weights and reps. The cardio circuit is a LOT easier than it was two weeks ago.

Nutrition: I ate 1200-1300 calories every day. I felt full. Did not feel weak or tired or hungry. I ate whole grain--mostly brown rice, chicken, fish, fruit, and a few baked potatoes, cottage cheese, broccoli, salads. I ate 5 times per day. Small meals consisting of a protein, a carb, and a fat... Breakfast was oatmeal, berries, and protein powder just about every day. Lunch was mostly either chicken or cott. cheese, a SMALL baked potato and broccoli, Dinner mostly: chicken or fish and a salad or other veggies. I had one big cheat...my birthday. Was it worth it? Yes! :) Would I do it again in a "challenge"? Not sure...probably not.

Here's what I did for exercise the last two weeks.

October 28 thru 30 Did Pilates and Body Bootcamp vids

Oct. 31 to 11-8
Aerobic Circuit Per Carlos' instructions
Mon, Wed, Fri
Three circuits consisting of Squats, Pulldowns, Deadlifts, and Bench Presses.
I aimed for 25 reps of ea.

Strength Training Tue, Thur, Sat
As per Carlos' instructions. One set of 8-12 reps. Heaviest weight I can lift.
Squats, Bench Press, Bent over Row, Standing Shoulder Press, Bicep Curl, Triceps Ext., crunches (15 reps)

I would have loved to posted my Log, but I don't know how to make it work with this blogger program.

This was a great experience and I am happy that I did it. It has provided the momentum I need to get thru the last two months of 2008. I will make progress and that makes me happy :)

3 comments:

ksfirefighter said...

Congratulations! That's excellent progress to make in only 2 weeks!

Suzette said...

Shari, you have done great! It sure feels good when we get on plan and stick to it and then make some progress!!! you are doing so great! keep up the good work!

Marbella said...

Hey girl! Sounds like you are well on your way to a Big Success. Loved your photos, and your confident blog. Hope the weekend was a good one. Go to Adam´s blog today. Lots of goodies there.
Can´t wait to see you in a size 2!
Lynda