Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Did you see....




...the change I made to my blog title? It used to say, "Becoming Fit at Fifty". I decided to change it to a more positive, "Being Fit at Fifty". Carlos kinda gave me the "change bug". LOL!!! Even though becoming fit is a process...I thought it would be good to mentally pretend that I was already fit!

I am a tad late with the veteran tribute. Yesterday, I was reading on MSN some stories about Moms that have lost their sons. There were 3 stories, all the Sons were killed in action in Afghanistan. Well....you KNOW that is where my son is. I broke out in tears, and just could NOT read their stories. Just couldn't do it. I admire these brave men, but as a Mom, I'm having a hard time dealing with it. Pray for my son, would ya. :) Love you guys.

Jacket Update: tried it on today and I can ALMOST get the front edges to touch. I wanted to take a pic, but my batteries are dead. Will get that fixed and take one tomorrow morning. The funny thing about this jacket thing is that once it fits, the pants will be too big! In fact, I'm wearing them today!

Exercise Update: Did my Cardio Circuit that Carlos planned out for me. It takes me between 15 and 20 minutes to complete, but MAN am I breathing hard when its' done! My son said to me this morning, "Why you breathing so hard, you only worked out for 15 minutes!" Made me laugh :)

Nutrition Update: Still sticking to the 1200 to 1300 calorie range. Eating as clean as possible, fitting a treat in once per week. Still feeling good--no hunger, no weakness, no tiredness. I am sleeping well and able to get out of bed before 6:00.

All in all, I am doing pretty good. I'm sticking to my plan. I feel motivated to do well with it, and think I have come to grips with my "boredom" problem.

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday.

7 comments:

Marbella said...

That is such a POSITIVE blog today. You have gotten that MENTAL bugaboo into place, and that is supposed to be the secret weapon to getting to goal. Love the way you are doing your blog now. Easy to read and see how you´re doing.
Hey, I just did a special prayer for your son. I trust he´s safe and sound right now, and probably is thinking of you!
Hugs,
Lynda

Shari Kraft said...

Awwwww...thank you for your prayer. I appreciate it so much.

Buffedstuff said...

Shari, I prayed for your son and I am glad that you doing well fitness wise.

Margaret2007 said...

Yep, I know exactly how you feel Shari. When a war movie or TV show comes on, I can't watch them...I think it's healthier for me to avoid them...My DS1 leaves by the end of next week to Baghdad. So, let's pray for each other's sons too...

I am on a very good road too with my food AND exercise...What a blessing to be able to report that BOTH are in sync...

Hugs,
Margaret

Shari Kraft said...

Hi margaret! We need to stick together! Kids and nutrition...now THAT's a bond! LOL

Katschi said...

Those soldiers in that picture? I want to take them in my arms & hug them with all the love I have. What a moving picture. I'll keep your son in my thoughts, definitely!!!

You're Eating Clean, too? Hello Sista!!! I feel on top of the world and I'm finding it beyond easy! Can you tell I'm excited?
I hope we'll see each other around often. I'm adding you to my blogroll right now.

My 1-2-3 Fat Loss Solution said...

love the change in your blog title...it is like embracing the prize in your spirit before you can tangibly touch it. Awesome and thanks for allowing your son to serve others...even though
I'm not American...it touches us all.