Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wonderful Day!

Remember a few weeks ago I was telling you how tired I have been for months? I could hardly drag myself out of bed at 6:30 or seven. Well, guess what!? I feel really great now. I just realized how clear headed I am and energized while driving to work today. Here is what I have been doing:

1. Go to bed at 9:00 pm 9:30 at the latest
2. Get up between 5 and 6:00 am
3. Follow The Zone program
4. Take fish oil (gel caps--the liquid stuff is nasty!)
5. B complex supported with extra B-12 and B-6
6. Pilates, weights, and some walking--at least 5 days per week

So that's my routine. It's doable, it's something I can do everyday of my life. I feel really good. In the two weeks that I've done the Zone, I feel like a new person. Dr. Sears has a pretty good philosophy about insulin and food addictions. I am pretty sure I have an insulin problem. he talks about using food as "medication" to correct a condition. Use food the right way and it will heal you. I don't have ANY cravings now. That is the best part for me. As you know I am a Chocolate ADDICT....THERE. I've said it. You girls know what I mean...and some of you guys also! This plan makes sense to ME. It seems to be something I can stick to and make a lifestyle. I've tried a lot of other things and they either didn't fit my lifestyle, were too complicated--eat this today, but not tomorrow--or they were WAY too low in carbs or calories.

So now that my plan is in place, I can go for it again! Woohoo! Lynda girl...get your walking shoes...I'm right behind you!

3 comments:

Danny said...

Deffinetely seems like something that works, shari.
When the time comes, that i have to get up that early again every morning again, ill think back to this post, lol.
I got accustomed to sleeping 3-4 hours a night over the last 2 years, and i can tell you that your not the only one who notices oif you dont sleep enough.(big, blue rinds under the eyes)
Shred on shari :)

juli gets happy said...

Hey Shari, this sounds like a great plan. Go for it, you will see your success.

Juli

Marbella said...

Now see there! All you needed to do is find something that works for you. Something you like, your body likes, and you can live easily with. That now is all it takes. You can keep it going, add in as much exercise as you can, and you´ll be a super-model before you know it. So proud of you! I will be glad to walk with you...let´s go!
Lynda