Friday, October 24, 2008

What Lynda said.....

"Now see there! All you needed to do is find something that works for you. Something you like, your body likes, and you can live easily with. That now is all it takes. You can keep it going, add in as much exercise as you can, and you´ll be a super-model before you know it. So proud of you! I will be glad to walk with you...let´s go!"
Lynda


Too bad it took me almost one year and lots of struggling to do it! But I think my new eating plan is fabulous. If you're not familiar with the Zone...everything is balanced--3 blocks protein, 3 carb, 3 fat at each meal. One block of chicken is 1.5 oz. So I can have 4.5 oz of chicken at each meal if I would like. I'm eating good fats that keep me full longer and enough carbs to keep me awake and from climbing the walls starving to death!

Everyone has their own take on what good nutrition is all about. I think I'm learning that you just have to find your own way. I've read ALL the books, and believe me when I tell you there is a LOT of crap out there. Most of the menus you get are so out there...who eats like that? I don't eat a different menu every day. Most people eat the same 5 things every week. In my house it used to be Tacos, Meatloaf, Spaghetti, Hamburgers, and Pizza. I have come a LONG way in changing my eating habits. I'm still not perfect, but who is...and who would WANT to be. The five meals that we have the most now are: Chicken,Rice, Veggies; Steak, potato, salad; Fajitas and Whole Wheat Tortillas, Homemade Veggie Pizza, and Salmon veggies,Salad. My husband has lost 25 lbs this year. I've lost it and found it twice this year! LOL....oh well...onward and upward!

What kind of things are you eating these days?

4 comments:

Danny said...

hmmm, actually the second, more helthy menu seems way more appetizing to me, lol.
Seems like youve got a good sense of healthy food.

Danny

Marbella said...

I can tell you are going to tell us ALL how to do this. Good for you! Just try it and tweak. You can do this. I wanted to say that my favorite meal right now is: big salad, with avocado, tomatoes, mixed bag of lettuce, AND crackers. I know I shouldn´t be eating the crackers, but dang they go so well. So happy that you have found a good road for you. Tweak until it´s the perfect one!
Lynda

juli gets happy said...

You rock, you will reach all your goals.


Great plan. Juli

BazookaJeff said...

Hey Shari!! Just checking in with you! All good here, still pushing play and living the life at sub 10% bf. Didin't really think it was possible to sustain, but its my life now! Glad to see you found your sweet spot as well!

BazookaJeff