Thursday, September 4, 2008

Walking....




I had a really nice evening walk yesterday. It was cool and the sun was down. I went to the high school track and by the time I had finished, it was a social event! I ran into people I hadn't seen in MONTHS! I had to stop to see a brand new baby, talk to a guy I used to work with, and visit with a few ladies that also were walking. I thought I had done a mile, but I lost track of how many laps I had done! I only did a little over 3/4 of a mile, but hey! I did it! :) I am NOT a walker....but I am trying to be one! I won't be walking Miles and Miles like Lynda, but I will walk what I feel I need and how my body feels! I slept like a baby last night! I couldn't believe it when I saw the clock! It was 6:40 am! No time to do my weights, but I can do them when I get home.

I hope your day goes well...eat right, exercise, and do something for YOURSELF!!!

6 comments:

Marbella said...

Fun blog today. Love that you are getting walking started...you´ll see that it´s like eating potato chips...once you start, you just want to go out more and more. You feel so good, fun time to be out, and your body will start showing little perks that are always nice to have. Really proud of you!
Lynda

Marbella said...

Forgot to mention...have you been to Dougal´s blog? If not run! You won´t believe what and where he´s been....
Lynda

dougal said...

I love your pics on each blog post. Don't you enjoy the uniqueness of everyone's blog..it's like an extention of everyone's personality.

Shari Kraft said...

I love the uniqueness of each blog. Pictures are my way of showing my concern, compassion, moods, and personality!

juli gets happy said...

I love your attitude, you are doing so well.

Juli

p.s. Are the ugly shoes still comfy? ;-)

Margaret2007 said...

Hey Shari, ironically I said I'd NEVER run...unless being chased by a villain with a knife...If he had a gun, I wouldn't bother! But, my trainer said "run" and I am and am seeing "great strides" (intentional pun..) with my continuing effort!! OK, so it's interval sprinting, but the closest thing I've come to running since I was a teen!!!! You may find you enjoy the supplement of walking in your training efforts!

KUTGW!!