Thursday, September 11, 2008

Today is that day.



The day that we woke up to 7 years ago in horror--watching what terorists were doing to our country and our people. I will never forget it, and I hope you won't either. I just wanted to say a little something in remembrance of all those people. I am a little sad today. My hubbie is a firefighter, and I KNOW for a fact, that if we had been there, he would have been right in the middle of the fray--doing what he felt was right. Just like everyone else.

You can go online, or watch TV, or read something negative about the U.S everyday, but I 'm telling you....Americans are strong. Who answers the call when the world needs help. We're usually the first at the scene, offering services and money. America is great because Americans are great.

3 comments:

juli gets happy said...

I have all the people who were so badly affected by this horror-scenario in my prayers.

Juli

Marbella said...

Wonderful Tribute blog today Shari, and I share your feelings of remembrance. I didn´t realize your DH was a firefighter. I have a soft spot for them, and feel they are the bravest men alive. Give your DH a hug from all of us and thank him for his role in keeping our lives safe.
Lynda

Shari Kraft said...

I will give him a hug, Lynda. He's such a quiet guy...it just doesn't seem a big deal to him to run into a burning building. Would scare the crap outta me!

Hi Juli!