Friday, September 5, 2008

Things you may not know about me.




Dougal's blog got me to thinking yesterday....Here are some things you may not know about me.

I was a single mother of 4
I majored in interior design in college
My family came from Ireland in the 1600's and settled in the Pennsylvania area and later Texas
I can play the flute
I have a charmed life...I have never had to deal with death or sickness in my family
I love to fish
I love Nascar
I was a cheerleader in high school
I was on the swim team

Leave me a comment with some things I don't know about you!

Hey Juli! The new shoes are great! They fit really well! Margaret/Lynda, thanks for the encouragement to walk. Dougal--here's a hug.

A couple of weeks ago, I was on the Red Carpet Ready site: Valerie Waters. She has trained quite a few celebs in her time. Anyway...I have her book--which is fabulous for women, BTW...

She had a little contest to enter for a "Body Assessment". She picked me! I am on her website--Lucky Number 13! Check it out, and see what she said about me.
http://www.redcarpetready.com/blog/
I think she was right on with her recommendations. I will be implementing them starting today.

I try to be consistent with my workouts, but lately I have been fighting the Sleepy Monster. I just CANNOT get up before 6:00 anymore. So....the first thing I have to do is change my mind set...."I CAN get up at 5:45, no problem!" The next thing is to get to bed at 9:00 instead of wasting time staying up til 10. I need sleep. I have a lot of things to accomplish during the day and need the energy!

9 comments:

Suzette said...

Things you may not know about me...
1. played basketball in high school and college.
2. I have a B.A. in psychology
3. I have lived in the same county in Michigan my whole life minus the 6 yeare I lived in Lakeland, Florida(where I went to college)

Suzette said...

I forgot to mention that Valerie Wates is one of the interviewees in the Unstoppable Fat Loss program I am following.

Shari Kraft said...

Suzette! I know! I saw your blog yesterday when you said she was speaking. How cool! Wow! you have a BA in psyche! Cool....

Suzette said...

I watched the red carpet ready video she did for you. she is right, being consistent is key. and her comment that "it has to be on!" is great!

Marbella said...

Great blog SHARI, and loved reading about you. So neat to know more about people. Was amazed to read about DOUGAL and his life, and yours too. Heres some things about me.

-Have lived longer in Spain than in the US (but ALWAYS a TEXAN)
-my Spanish has a very heavy Texan accent...very, very heavy.
-Met my husband at a World´s Fair where was an Official Guide.
-When Franco died, was caught in a police attack with rubber bullets in downtown Madrid.
-was a Cheerleader in High School when we won State in Football at the Cotton Bowl.
-Only have 1 brother left in all my family.
-Definitely have an Angel on my shoulder.
-Have always had a bird. Two have talked.

And more. Wish more would tell us about themselves.....
Lynda

Ron said...

Things you may not know about me:

- I wear glasses at home, but wear contacts outside to look less nerdy.

- I'm more used to driving on the left side of the road rather on the right side of the road (as we do in the Philippines) since I spent a lot of time in Australia and the Bahamas, and I hardly drive in Manila (I take the bus).

Debbie said...

Shari, I loved reading about you. And - congrats on being chosen for Red Carpet Ready. How cool is that?

A suggestion is to put a link to this post on your blog sidebar and call it "About Me" or something like that.

Thanks for sharing this with us! I know the RCR is going to fuel you and bring you results! You're a celebrity now!

Jamie said...

1. I have lived in the same town for my whole life.

2. I HATE Swiss cheese.

3. I'm the only girl on one side of my family and one of three on the other.

juli gets happy said...

Shari,

you are an amazing woman and thank you for sharing such private information about yourself with us.

You will reach all your goals, I know that...

About me...what can I share her...

-I was a tennis-teaching-pro when I studied.

- I am an only child.

- I love warm oats and a berrie-smoothie in the mornings.

- I love my partner, ;-).

- I had a siamese cat which travelled with me the world.

- I love hugs.

:-)