Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Something Funny...




As you know, my office is in the Lobby to the Fitness Center here at The Hassayampa. I see lots of people come and go. WELL...yesterday this woman came to my desk. She wanted to know what she needed to do to sign in at the Fitness Center. I directed her to the desk. She was here to work out...but get this....She was about 65ish, hair done--like just out of the salon--you know--helmet hair! She had lots of jewelry on, nails done, and perfume too! The best part of all this bling was that she was wearing panty hose under her shorts, and no socks with her shoes. She went straight for the treadmill. She walked for about 15 minutes, came out "Whew! What a workout! I'm beat!" She didn't have a hair out of place, no sweat, and off she went! I just sat there with my mouth open.....

7 comments:

Marbella said...

That is sooo funny about that dear lady and her *workout*. Bet she thinks she´d doing so well besides. Who knows...maybe that´s all she needs to do and will reach her goal before I do...the funny part was the panty hose. How much fun would that be?
Lynda

Ron said...

That's so funny! Must take a lot of confidence to pull off that "look" :)

Farmchick said...

Cute story! I LOVE the little sign you have on your Sept 12th post....now THAT'S funny!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment too. ( that was awhile back and I am trying to catch up!) Come back and visit and I will do the same! Have a great evening!!!

Jamie said...

Some people just don't know the real meaning of the word "work". If she thinks 15 minutes is "bad" try 10 hours on your feet 4 days a week. It's people like that that tick me off the most really.

juli gets happy said...

Hahaha, this post is soooo funny, I laughed a lot. Maybe this woman only needs 15 mins slow walk to feel the best way she can feel. ;-)

Debbie said...

Funny story. My mother used to wear pantyhose with her shorts when she went shopping.

The worst part is the perfume at the gym! ARGH!

Marbella said...

Shari,
How´s the walking going? Am so into moving it now...hope you are too. Haven´t heard from you in several days.....all well?
Lynda