Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Biggest Loser



Picture of my Daughter Leighsa and my Grandson Jacob.

I was watching the season premier of Season 6 last night. There are some HUMONGOUS people on this season! I'm talking almost 400 lb'ers. Even the women are in the 260's and up. Man....WE ARE FAT, people! America needs to lighten up...in more ways than one!

They had Dr. Huizinga showing the Losers ( I mean that nicely :) what a healthy heart looks like vs. how theirs looks with all the fat around it. He also showed how a 26 yr. old contestant was actually 49 years old internally.

My heart breaks for these people. I'm fat, but man...not like that. We all have a tough row to hoe. It doesn't matter if you need to lose 10-15 or 115 lbs. The journey is still the same hard road. Count your blessings...

3 comments:

Buffedstuff said...

Shari, it breaks my heart to think what we as a nation will be like in ten years, if we don't stop this insanity. Our health care system is going to explode.

on a more beautiful note...what attractive children, you are indeed blessed.

Suzette said...

Lovely daughter and grandson you have! so sweet!
I watched the Biggest Loser episode, too. It is indeed a shame America is so fat! Watching these stories is emotional. too many people have the same struggles. Like the one family where all the relatives were also hugely fat. it is indeed sad. hopefully these contestants can go back home and inspire their own family, friends and co-workers just like the first couple that was voted off. we each have a story to tell and lives to touch in our own circle of influence!

Shari Kraft said...

I am so blessed to have all the Shredders in my circle. It's good to know you have my back if I need you!