Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hello! Everyone!


I've been sick. I must have caught a cold on Thurs nite while walking. I got caught in the rain and a cold must have bit me on the butt! Anyway....I am finally feeling better. I have been a total wash in this walking challenge. Sorry ladies. I still have two weeks left to log some miles.

My Boot Camp workouts are rolling along and I'm loving them. A little sore in the shoulders and hips. Lots of flunges and shoulder raises. I'm surprised at how good a workout you can get with the bands. I have 4 different sizes, so I'll be able to move up in tension as I get stronger. I already have to use a heavier band for my chest exercises.

You would all be proud of me....on Friday, my hubbie ordered pizza. I asked him to order a small, thin crust, without cheese and topped w/ veggies for me! THAT was a first! He 'bout fell thru the floor! I am still struggling with keeping on track over the weekends, but this week was a WHOLE LOT better than last weekend! So, I guess that means I'm making progress.

Debbie-Lynda---I got my Fit for Life Book yesterday. I had read it in 1985, but I was about 28 years old and probably not ready to hear his message. To be honest, I didn't remember a THING when I reread it last night! I do remember making my kids a recipe I got from the book. We called them Veggie Burritos, not sure what they are in the book....probably Veggie Burritos...DUH...

We took one tortilla, filled it with sliced cucumbers, some onion, alfalfa sprouts, some salsa, and some cheese. Not sure if the cheese was "according to plan" but my kids LOVED these! I had forgotten them until last night. It brought back lots of memeories.

I didn't realize that the book was about food combining. It was a pretty radical concept in the 80's and it could probably still be said today. Mainstream America is SO not ready for this! Even his ideas on protein fly in the face of what's currently accepted. Personally....I love the idea behind the book, not sure if it's something I would do, at least not yet, but on the other hand...I LOVE the eat fruit until noon concept. I pretty much do that now.

Hope you all have a fabulous day! Don't forget to say your affirmations!

1. I am a strong and sexy woman
2. I am fit and happy with myself
3. I love exercising

4 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Sorry to hear you are not well Shari. I hear you about the weekend thing, been there and still falter. What is it about the weekend that makes it so special? I often ask myself this question.

Marbella said...

Glad to see you back with us again. Not fun to be yucky as you say. You will love that book. I have his new one now, called Fit for Life - A New Beginning, and am finding it so interesting. Still just getting going with it. Hope you feel better now and can get into the NIKE+ even better.

Lynda

Buffedstuff said...

Shari, Stay well, you know I am over here cheering you on.

Debbie said...

Hi Shari, hope you get better soon. My favorite recipe in the original Fit for Life book is New York Goodwiches. It calls for sauteed onions w/bbq sauce, avocado, tomato, cucumber, spouts, and of all things, dill pickle. It's excellente.