Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Weekend is Finally Here!






It is Saturday and I'm beat! The beginning of my week started off kinda crappy--in more ways than one! I over did it at my friend's home that week end. It took me 4 days to get back to normal.

I did all my workouts this week, except one interval session on Tues. I ate very well all week. I had a "cheat" meal last night. I had pizza. Now don't go nuts on me....here's what I did. I asked for thin crust, no cheese, and all veggies. It was fabulous. I ordered a medium pizza and had 3 pieces. Normally I would have ordered the thick crust, heavy cheese, and pepperoni. Plus...I would have had 4-5 pieces. One piece of the thick versus 1 piece of the thin and no cheese is a big diff. Proud of my choice. That's what it's all about, right!? Learning how to make the right choices.

I love the workouts I'm doing. I love how I'm eating. I am using an online menu planner. It is just the best thing! I can plan my whole week on Sunday and print out the menus and shopping list. I'm good to go. I have never been one to need a whole bunch of variety in my diet. I can eat the same thing for days. What I did is this: I planned 3 whole days of menus. I then rotate them for the week. It keeps the boredom at bay, and I'm not eating the same thing every day. I can just pull my food out of the fridge and go! It's easy and gives me no excuses to cheat.

I know I've told you this before but....I work in a real estate office at a very ritzy subdivision. My lobby is also lobby to the fitness room. I have people in and out all day long. Most of them are Senior Citizens in the 70ish age range. The younger ones are usually women. My point here: NONE of them work hard or even sweat! The women go in with hair done and some makeup on. They come out exactly the way they go in! 95% of them walk on the treadmill at a speed of about 2.0! There are only about 2-3 of the younger women who actually have a trainer and lift weights. Even they don't work too hard. After what I have learned in the last two years and especially what I've learned from all you wonderful Shredders, I just want to grab them and give them a good shake!!!! What are you doing??????

Another thing I have done to help me along this journey....I bought a 3 ring binder. I printed off a month's worth of log pages and an extra copy of the exercises I am doing the first 4 weeks. Every morning when I exercise, I have my book right there and I can log in my weights and reps. I can also note my intervals. I also write up what I ate for the day. It's all there in one place. The best part is that I can look back and see what I've done.

Hope you have a great weekend--I'm at work. Blah.

7 comments:

juli gets happy said...

Hey Shari,

I liked your post a lot and laughed!

First of all about your cookie-monster-pic which I printed for my cookie-loving secretary, :-D.
Then I like a lot your training and food-management, the food-rotation-idea is just great.

Enjoy your weekend when you get home.

Marbella said...

Great blog today SHARI, loved it. You know, most of us before were just like those women, not doing near enough. So glad that we are learning FINALLY what to do. Check out LILLAs blog today about the TomV figuring out what to do. Learned a lot. What food deal do you use? I bought Fitday a long time back...
Lynda

Larry said...

Shari,
Great post today. You are doing all the right stuff. Great cartoon.

Michael said...

Logging the workouts...great job! Your post was definitely funny today!

Shari Kraft said...

Thanks for the input, guys. I appreciate you all stopping in to see me! It makes my day, and makes me want to keep on going.

Lynda--I'll definitely go see Lilla.

Mike Groom said...

great post Shari! Have a happy weekend.

Debbie said...

Just love your graphics, Shari. Delete cookies? ...and the baby doing pushups! Where do you find these things?

Great job on the pizza. I just saw where buffedstuff has pizza on whole wheat. They both sound yummy!