Thursday, July 10, 2008

My whole body is sore!




Just call me the Pushup Queen!

I guess I must be doing something right! I'm a little sore today in my hips, butt, and chest. I did my pushups for my other challenge last night. I did 65. They have this great progression chart, so I know how many to do for each workout day (3 times week), to work myself up to 100. I am doing these on my knees and in sets. So last night I did 3 sets of 15 and 2 sets of 10 w/30 seconds rest in between sets.

I stepped myself up a bit on the FYM plan. I am doing the intermediate workouts. I also need to up my weight on the chest presses and probably the squats too.
My workout
Intermediate A
DB Squats 3 sets of 12 w/ 10 lbs in ea. hand
STab Ball Chest Press 3 sets of 12 w/ 15lbs in ea hand

SB Leg curls
Bow (deadlifts)

Side Plank w/leg lift Hold for 30 seconds ea side--3 sets
Mtn Climbers 3 sets of 10

Mountain Climbers are killers! I think that's why my butt hurts! Its the part right below the cheek where the butt meets your leg. Right where women need it most.


I've had 3 full days of eating right behind me. Here's what I had for today:

Breakfast
Protein powder- 1 scp
1 c yogurt-- I was supposed to have oatmeal according to my meal plan, but I didn't check it first. DUH...
1 c blueberries

Snack
8 triscuits
1 stick of string cheese
1 c grapes

Lunch
small baked potato
1/2 c cottage cheese
salsa

Snack
1 med apple
2 tbsp peanut butter


Dinner
1 c broccoli
2 c mixed greens
3 oz chicken breast

1345 Calories

5 comments:

roadmaptosuccess said...

Hi Shari-such a cute picture! Ok, you finally convinced me to check out the push-up page...and it looks pretty neat. I haven't done my official starting test...but I am interested in staring after I get back from vacation...I am pretty sure I can only do 10...so 65 sounds incredible.

Buffedstuff said...

oh just stopping by to make sure you got the link this can be quite healthy.

http://www.recipezaar.com/233776

Michael said...

Hi Shari...nice job.

juli gets happy said...

Hey Shari, 65 push-up is VERY impressive, you will make it soon to the 100!!!!

The pic is very cute and made me smile,

enjoy your week-end

www.kalililla.com said...

65 push-ups!?! AWESOME!
You're doing great - nutrition and exercise on track. Love the picture today. Soooo cute....