Saturday, July 5, 2008

July 5th


Independence Day has come and gone, but not here in Prescott AZ! We had Rodeo performances last night. This morning is the parade and the boot race--funniest thing you ever saw. Bunch of guys running down Whiskey Row in their cowboy boots.
Tonight is the street dance. The bars on Whiskey Row are all open with live music. Cowboys (& girls) all over the place--walking around town, cruising Whiskey Row, and at the Fair grounds. They come from all over the country. I met a few barrel racers from Oklahoma. Our little town explodes with people over the 4th. There's not a hotel room to be had! Restaurants are packed and traffic is a cluster F..... if you know what I mean!

I am just about to finish up P90X. To tell you the truth....I am completely BORED with it. I did it with my coach, and I just really think it was not for me. I was just not at the level of fitness I should have been to start it. ( but then...who really is? That's what it's for--to change your fitness level) My body completely REBELLED and came to a screeching halt last week. I listened to what it was telling me and slowed down. Was it a mistake to do the X? No....I don't think so. I gained a lot of strength and my core strength and balance is better, but my body fat did not change much, and for all that work--really HARD WORK--I would have expected it to have changed a lot!!! I ate really well, but did have some cheat times. I was not perfect for the whole 90 days. I have also learned what works for me and what doesn't. I know that when I am ready, the X will be there, and I will be up to the challenge.

When I began this blog, I was doing Metabolic Surge by Nick Nillson. I had really good results with that and then my coach challenged me to P90X. I got side tracked from what was working to something that was really over my head.

I have decided to go back to what was working for me. I am lifting weights, doing HIIT cardio intervals, and my pushup challenge. I feel so much better this week it is UNREAL!! This was my workout for yesterday--

Supersets

Reverse
Lunge
10 reps ea side--3 sets
Kneeling
Push Up
10 reps 3 sets

1 Leg Hip
Extension (alternate sides)
10x 3 sets
1 Arm DB Row
10 reps ea. side, 15 lbs, 3 sets

WoodChop
8 times ea side, 5 lbs, 3 sets
Side Plank
8 pulses on ea side
3 sets

Beginner Intervals:
30 second intervals, 6 intervals at 1.5% incline. started out at 3.0 then up to 4.1 on treadmill

I did my pushup challenge that evening--63 pushups total!

I feel happy and back to myself again! I joined the Fit Yummy Mummy Challenge on July 1, 2008. It's a 12 week challenge for women. Lots of great prizes. If you are interested...you have until July 30, to register.

7 comments:

Mike Groom said...

Shari, I'm a great believer in doing what works (something Michael was also discussing on his blog).

Your workout looks great! keep shredding!

juli gets happy said...

You are doing so great!

You will reach your goals!!!!

Marbella said...

Wish I could see all the cowboys and cowgirls...so fun to watch. Glad you are finding out what works. That´s the hardest thing to do. Love that you are doing so many pushups. WonderWoman!!
Lynda

roadmaptosuccess said...

Shari-63 pushups, WOW that is tremendous...I am stuck after 10...guess I need to check out that pushup website...keep up the great job!

Buffedstuff said...

Shari,each person has to find what works for them and then do it.Good luck on your new program, you know I will be cheering you on.

M said...

Shari, I'm in the same boat. I only have 3 1/2 weeks left of the X and I'm so bored I can't stand it. I missed my owrkout this morning and one a few days ago. Not that I didn't feel like working out ... it was that I didn't feel like doing THAT workout one more time. I thought this routine would mix things up enough that I wouldn't get bored, but obviously not.

Anyway, I miss you over on the Sisterhood thread. I hope you'll come back there as it's not just for people doing the X ... people are doing all kinds of stuff there. I plan to stay there for support long after this X stuff is behind me!

Be well.
Melody

Debbie said...

Holy Smokes, Shari! 63 pushups! You should be very proud of yourself. I agree with the others on finding the right workout.