Wednesday, July 16, 2008




I was just looking at the picture of my son. He is such a baby, my baby. He's only 19years old. The thing that struck me is that he is a man. The Marine Corp has made him a man. I think of him doing pushups to no end, running in the rain in full gear, sweating in the heat, it tears my heart out--for all of them. They are tough and strong. They have learned that "pain don't hurt".

These thoughts motivate me. They keep me going on my little "journey to fit". If my baby can get thru his training, then I surely can get thru mine! I envision doing a pushup contest with him! He will be so surprised that I can even do one!

Marine Corps--The few and the Proud....sounds like all of us shredders. oo--ra!

My workout for today:

Reverse Lunges 3 sets of 12
Pushups 3 sets of 10

Squat, Curl, press 3 sets of 10 10 lb weights--need to up the weight next time
BO Rows 3 sets of 10 20 lb weights

Mtn Climbers 3 sets of 10
Toe Touch w/ball 3 sets of 10 w/ 2 lb ball. This exercise is done on my back with legs raised. Ball raised overhead and lifted up to touch toes.


What I am eating today:

Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal and 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 cup of grapes
Snack: a protein bar--I was running errands and needed to eat!
Lunch: 3 oz. of chicken breast, 1 cup brown rice, 2 c broccoli and salsa!
Snack: apple and 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
Dinner: 1/2 c black beans, salsa, broccoli, whole wheat tortilla
snack: protein drink

2 comments:

My 1-2-3 Fat Loss Solution said...

oo-ra to you and your son...must have a great heart at such a young age to leave home to serve his country and help others where he's posted. Great workout plan...looking forward to seeing your progress pics...are you still on the Px program

Marbella said...

I just now saw this photo of your handsome son, and can feel how young he is. Way too young to be doing what he´s doing and far away from you. But it´s great that he´s a man, and a good MAN. The very best kind. Guess us mamas never can stand to see our babies go. Hope that all goes well for him. Will be thinking of you guys now and wishing all Godspeed!
Lynda