Wednesday, July 30, 2008


“Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity.” Bo Bennett

Are you excited? You ought to be! Life is exciting. You have to be EXCITED about what you are doing. You have to want it - love it - live it… You have to be inspired to move…

We are now more than half way thru the year. How many of your goals have you met? My goal was to lose 50 lbs by the end of the year. I feel I have wasted the last two months. I have had NO changes worth documenting. I am reassessing my program and rededicating myself. You may have to do this also. Call it a "mid year resolution". I am NOT working this hard to binge on junk (and then feel like junk afterwards) No one cares whether I have a flat stomach, my scale says 125, or if I'm wearing a size 2. I am the one who wants these things. Me. So in order to feel confident, strong, and comfortable in my own skin I need to re-create the determination that I had at the beginning of this journey, just 5 short months ago.



I have my first meeting with my new trainer tomorrow. We will be discussing Nutrition. I am very excited about this. This is my weak area. I have also joined the Nike+ Challenge along with Lilla and Lynda. I expect some big changes in the next 5 months. I am excited again!

9 comments:

Roy and Hazel said...

Well done Shari!
You are inspirational but realistic at the same time! You are making real progress. It's great to see how positive you are at tackling everything.

Shari Kraft said...

Thank you guys! Being real is name of the game!

Suzette said...

you know when i really look back on my weight loss...early on i really think i had the best success when i was doing lots of hiit type cardio...but i would swtich up the timing...like 60sec hard, 30sec easy...1 min. hard, 1 min easy, 30sec.hard, 30sec. easy..etc. the main cardio i did was with my stationary bike(which has the moving arm handles)...plus i did lots of bodyweight type training...one of my biggest changes in diet was to cut out most of the junk food i was eating...but you are eating pretty good right now...maybe need to do low carb for a while or something like that. just sharing my experience...but we are all different. hope you find what works!

Suzette said...

one thing i forgot to mention was with my cardio...i was also doing anywhere between 30 - 60 minutes at a time for a while. not nearly that much now, though...but should.

Shari Kraft said...

I dunno...there is so much controversy about cardio....some people swear long steady cardio is the way..others say HIIT. Then there's the group that says to do both. This is what I'm talking about--information overload. We just have to keep trying and experiment with our own bodies. It will TELL us what works.

Ron said...

Hi Shari, good luck on your renewed effort. Yes, excitement makes everything easier to do!

Larry said...

Shari,
Good that you have taken a time out to reassess your goals and progress. This will make the difference in your success for the rest of the year.

Meredith said...

I agree with Larry...how many people set New Year's goals...never to achieve them...and then set new goals the following New Year's? You are right...you've got to figure out what works for you. I think that if you eat clean and exercise daily...the weight will come off if done over a long enough period of time. It's the desire for quick results and the latest fad diet that can throw many of us off course.

Buffedstuff said...

Shari,there is no shame in making an honest assessment of your goals.
If something is not working you have to keep searching until you find that something that does.