Tuesday, June 10, 2008

DAY 46 P90X



I got this pic from Jamie! There is NOTHING as sexy as a Cowboy! LOVE those Wrangler Butts! Speaking of which, our town is famous for it's July 4th Rodeo. They've been rodeo-in' in Prescott since about 1856 or so. The historic district is home to several old bars from that era--Called "Whiskey Row". They throw the doors open and it's party time for 3-4 days. There are boot races, street dances, rodeos, craft booths, food, and music! A really fun time! The kids used to drive up and down Gurley St. packed in the back of trucks throwing water balloons--then later with the big water guns--They would just shoot at each other and leave us old farts alone, but the powers that be, put an end to that, when some old lady called the cops because someone shot her little doggie with a water gun. Probably not on purpose! But oh well.

The Clothing Challenge is behind us and I just want to say--It was fun! A really good experience. Still trying to figure out what to do next. Something fun, and something summer related, I think.

I kinda crashed and burned last week. I ate fine, but I missed 3 workouts. THEN...Sunday...I slept practically ALL day! I was beat to snot! Monday morning was a tad tough also--BUT...I did my workout and I did really well! I actually did FIVE, count'em, FIVE regular pushups!!! I felt tired, but I was stronger than I was last week. By the end of the workout, I couldn't believe what I had done. I did all the reps for the lunges, I did all reps for squats, I did every exercise, except two--there are still two exercises that I CANNOT do. I modify the heck out of 'em, and do the best I can! Even those are getting easier.

This is Week 3 of Phase 2. Next week will be another "rest" week. I will be 2/3 of the way finished! I can't believe I have actually stuck to this! I'm not really seeing a lot of change, but my strength has improved dramatically. Still working on the fat loss. I did take my BF measurement on Sunday, but forgot to read the chart and find out what it was! DUH..... The calipers are still laying on my dresser exactly in the same spot where I left them. It's surprising that I can keep my head on straight.

7 comments:

Suzette said...

Hey Shari, where did you get that pic of my husband?!? LOL! don't I wish! lol. Sounds like fun times during the 4th. Good that you are getting yourself back on track. sometimes things can get downright tough...but as long as you get back to it and at full force. I slip up more than I want to admit.

Buffedstuff said...

Hey,P90x is totally kick butt, so you are doing great.Just keep pushing play.

Jamie said...

Shari, you should check out how beautiful hump day is going to be today!

Jamie said...

Hey Shari I answered your question in my comment section for "happy hump day."

Tillie said...

From your last pics, it shows that you lost weight and toning your muscles, too. Keep it up or push it up to those push ups.

dougal said...

Sounds like one helluva party kid.
Just take things one day at a time..you'll be OK.

Marbella said...

SHARI...now that is a real cowboy. Why hadn´t I seen that before? Don´t know how I missed that. I went to the Cowboy Week in Fort Worth, Texas which too is famous and so much fun. Now am getting homesick....
Lynda