Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 3, Phase 3 of P90X


The hardest part of this whole project has been getting the nutrition right. Everyone has his/her own opinion of what is right. I have read tons of books, done research on the net, and read blogs. I have not been very happy with my results as of late. I know for a fact that it is my nutrition--I have been slipping. My workouts have been awesome! I have missed just a couple in the 9 weeks I have been doing this. I honestly believe that nutrition is 80% of the equation! I can FEEL the muscles under the fat--I just need to get rid of the fat. I am proud that I am working out and can do the things I'm doing! BUT...I need to get my eating plan under control.

I have decided to chuck all the info I have read. One writer has me eating low carb, another high carb, one says calories are the only thing that matters, and yet another says eat more! eat more--you should be eating 2000 calories a day. Well, I have decided that they are all full of hooey. I am going to use my own God-given common sense and decide for myself what works for ME!!! I think I should be the best judge of that. I know the basics of good nutrition, I think I can do a better job for myself than a complete stranger writing in generalities.

This might be pretty radical, since a lot of these writers have lots of initials after their names, and work as trainers, etc. We are living in radical times, and I need to take radical action! LOL!!! I am taking back my life and my right to think for myself! I am currently at 36% body fat. Tune in next week for progress report!

9 comments:

Tillie said...

I know what you are talking about, how writers, trainers and doctors saying that high carb, low carb, counting calories and so on are good diets ... can be confusing. I believe as long as you eat the proper foods which you know what they are white meat, veges, fruits and so on, you can lose weight and you can do it. Everyone has a different body, not everyone is the same, you just have to find the right tool to figure out the problem to solve it. Good luck, you can do it.

~me said...

I agree. I think eating six times a day is key. No matter what program you prefer. I am not on an eating plan either. We all know what to do. Just do it within reason. You're doing great

Suzette said...

there is a ton of differing views out there...and they are all right...for them. You have to find what works for you. I haven't ever really followed any particular way of eating. I have tended toward low carb to really lose the weight..but the main thing is to eat whole natural foods and I do think having 5-6 small meals a day is important too. your body has to keep working to burn those calories. I also think I tended towards lower calories too, but don't know for sure as I have never really kept track of my calories. and then of course High intensity in the workouts(which I am sure you are doing fine with!) I do know that early on I did lots of cardio...HIIT, steady state mostly using my stationary bike. but I think p90x is pretty intense anyways.
well I hope I haven't added to your confusion...only letting you know what I did.
hope you figure out what you need to do! you can do it!
p.s. you can steal my affirmations any time you want!! lol

Shari Kraft said...

Thanks Ladies. You are all so supportive. I really like hearing what your are doing. I like the 5-6 small meals a day thing...I do that now. I'm working out the calorie thing. I know there's a happy medium there somewhere!

Buffedstuff said...

Yes,Shari you have to eat what works for you. It might take you awhile to find the happy medium for you own body. Do what is best for you.

B said...

It absolutetly is about what you eat. Its so hard to do the simplest thing and that is eating right. I train like a warrior but because I'm not consistent enough with my nutrition I keep making set backs for myself. Its the hardest thing to get right and get it right not just for weeks but months and months. Good Luck.
Bec

Marbella said...

Am so wowed seeing your blog today as you are doing exactly what I want to do. Find the way. Guess that´s the silver bullet we all look for. The way to eat that will help us to goal, and sure t´aint easy. I lately have gained trying to do what you are doing...let my body relax from dieting, find it´s way again, but heck, depression from a FAT ATTACK is not fun either. Will really be looking to see what you find out. Can´t wait to hear of your successes!
Lynda

Jamie said...

Do your own thing Shari! You know what works for you! Have a great weekend!

LeeLee said...

This great that you are taking back the control with the help of God. Keep doing it!