Friday, May 9, 2008

Day12 P90X

I was reading some of my "fitness friends" blogs this morning. Two things really hit home:

1. Stop Whining and Just Do it!
2. How blessed I am by my Father in Heaven--even though we are going through storms in our lives, he is always there for us--if we will allow him in!!

I did Legs/Back this morning. I tell ya! This workout kicks my butt!! It's a toughie. I am a little stiff this morning. My body is starting to feel like it has been run thru a wringer. This P90X stuff is hard, but I know it will be worth it in the end. My mental outlook is so much clearer when I work out everyday. My energy is pretty good, too, but when it hits 9:00 I am in bed and asleep the second my head hits the pillow. I am sleeping thru the nite--which had been a problem! I was waking up in the middle of the night and not going back to sleep. I was exhausted! Working out the way I am is definitely helping my sleep! Another good reason to workout! LOL!!

I am having such a great time doing this blog. I have "met" some really nice people and no one is judgmental or mean spirited. I was afraid to put myself out there initially, but people that care about their health and their bodies are so easy to talk to and are so generous with help and advice. They know what a hard row to hoe we all have.

I visit quite a few blogs and I try to leave as many comments as I can. You never know when your comment may just "make" someone's day. Maybe they needed your little tidbit of advice to get thru their day. I appreciate every comment people take their time to make. Thank you so much.

Today's Affirmations:

I love myself as I am, regardless of my weight
I choose to be slender and healthy
Everyday I get better control of my body

8 comments:

Suzette said...

so glad you have started your blog. it has been great to "meet" other people across the globe. and you are right in that there are non-judgemental people here...mainly because we have all been in the same shoes at one point(at least similar shoes, anyways)whether in body or mind. no one to knock on you as we are all in the same boat to achieve a physical transformation. the support here has been awesome and am grateful to share this journey with such wonderful, genuine people.

Nadine said...

Good for you for sticking with it. Stop whining and just do it! I'm finding every reason not to exercise. I just need to do it and get it out of the way. Most sites I've been to regarding weight loss have been helpful. Its great to find people who share the same interests willing to help one another.

Just to let you know I've moved. I'll be using wordpress from now on. The url is on my blogger.

Marbella said...

Hi Shari,
I love coming to your blog and seeing how it´s going. Everything you said today was good for me, so thank you. Yes, you did help someone...me! I wish you a good weekend, and a strong week coming on. That´s what we all need to do...just keep it going, hard or easy. We´ll get there!
Lynda

Roy and Hazel said...

Hi Shari!
I think I've said this before but you are a real inspiration to me. There have been several times when I have thought to myself "Shari wouldn't give up now so don't do it yourself!"
Keep up the good work!

Jamie said...

It feels really good to have role models out there in blog land that aren't giving up on losing the pounds!

Suzette said...

had to come by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day! hope things continue to go well with you and that you are pushing it hard!

Jamie said...

Happy Mother's Day Shari!

P.S. I'm down a whole INCH from when I started the challenge!

Bazooka Jeff said...

Way to stick with it Shari! Its okay to whine a little, or call it venting if you like. I do it myself, and find it helps me feel better if I yell at the TV once in awhile. Happy Belated Mother's day!