Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 32 P90X



One of the beautiful homes we have listed here in the Pines!

P90X has 3 different "programs" you can follow. The Classic, The Lean, and Doubles. I started with the Classic, but I have decided to switch to Lean. It is specifically written for people that have a bit more fat to lose. That is definitely ME! I think I am also going to throw in a Turbo Jam workout somewhere during the week. I miss doing it.

We have one more week left in the "Clothing Challenge"! Can't wait to see who the winner will be! My money is on Jamie! But Rob, Nadine, and Suzette are showing some great results! Final pics are due on Saturday, May 31. I will post on June 1st

So what are you having for lunch? I'm having brown rice and salsa, broccoli, and chicken. This is one of my faves because it is so easy to throw together in the morning. I had my protein pancakes this morning, but instead of a banana, I threw in a cup of berries. YUM!! I have realized that I do really well when I am at work, it is when I get home I have trouble...or on the way home. Sometimes the mexican food or chocolate calls my name....

So....I have changed the route I drive home. It is a rural route--NO convenience stores on the way. No place to stop for junk. This transformation is a lot of work, and I have to use all the tricks in my arsenal to succeed. Besides, this drive is so much more relaxing and scenic!

I have also been trying to drink more water. I usually get 8 glasses in, but I think I need at least 10. I can tell the difference when I get 10. Are you drinking all your water?

I was watching, "So you think you can dance" last night. Some of the girls had really terrific legs! There is nothing prettier than a dancer's body. I love that look. Everyone has their picture of an "ideal" body. I used to think that my ideal was the girls in Oxygen. They have fabulous bodies, but I'm thinkin' dancers are my new ideal. I like the long lean look. Muscular but not overly done.

Hoping you all had a fabulous 3-day weekend. Hope you took time out to honor our Vets. Without them I don't know what our world would be like.

6 comments:

Buffedstuff said...

I call water the nectar of the gods
for myself I found a lot of times when I thought I was hungry I was really just thirsty. I never thought I would cultivate a love affair with this life giving source,but we have become bosom buddies in the past few years.

Mike Groom said...

We interpret our bodies cries for water in many ways. I am a firm believer that most ails and illnesses can be avoided by proper hydration.

for lunch I've had 200g prawns and a big leafy salad.

Jamie said...

The 30 day challenge has been really fun for me Shari! Thanks for coming up with the idea!

Roy and Hazel said...

Shari!
You are always so positive and this is really encouraging for us all! Your 'can do' attitude is a real inspiration for those of us who think 'whatever!' or 'next time!' Your progress inspires. Keep at it!

www.kalililla.com said...

Good for you for going strong and making small tweaks to your plan i.e. drinking more water and taking different route.

Can't wait to see results of clothing challenge!

Marbella said...

Hey Shari,
Loved your blog today. Just my type. I also am one to switch up fast what I don´t like, and too should be doing some yoga. I can´t bend at all and flexibility is so desirable! Will try and do it all because of you. Have a good Friday (today), and good luck to you and your exercises and no-wheelchair routine. One I need to start up with too.
Lynda