Saturday, May 24, 2008

Day 27 P90X



I would like to take a moment to remember the brave men and women that have given their lives to defend our country. I pray for the ones that are defending it now (my son included).

Today was the last day of my Recovery week for Phase I. Tomorrow is a rest day. I am happy and proud that I have made it this far. I feel in control today. Like I finally figured out my PLAN! No more whining about my diet. I am done with that and on to something else! This is a lifetime thing....I can't expect to be 100% in under one month!! It's a learning process. Next month at this time I will have more things under control and steadily on my way to meeting my goals. So will you...if you are persistant and dedicated. I have done a lot of different types of workouts, and people ask me, "Does it work?" Of course it works! ANYTHING will work, if you get off your butt and do it! So that is my mantra this next month! Get off your butt and do it!

Do you guys want to hear something funny? The real estate office I work in is a very high end office--million dollar and up homes. The homeowner fitness center is in the same building. Everyday homeowners walk past my desk to go workout. Most of them are older "seniors", but there are a few in the 30-50ish age group. They all head to the cardio machines for an hour. The women that make it to the weights are lifting about 3-5 lbs tops. NONE of them look like they know what they are doing. NONE of them are sweating. They look the same when they come out as when they went in! There are two trainers that work the center. One of them really knows what she is talking about. I watch what she does with the women she trains. They are in good shape are lifting heavier weights and look like they have worked!

I read a quote this morning in a nutrition book I have....it was by Charles Atlas..."I don't care if I'm the smartest man in the room, because I know I can kick everyone in the room's butt!" I love that confidence!

No comments: