Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 26 P90X

I have been having discussions with my coach regarding my lack of progress. I feel like my "eating" has been at fault. I am definitely doing the work! Hell yeah! I'm doing the work!!! This just proves that you can exercise and if your diet is not in compliance, you won't see the results you're after. It's not that I'm not eating the right stuff....just maybe I haven't gotten the calorie thing down yet. Maybe my protein is too low, or carbs too high. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but we're leaning towards upping my protein a bit. One step at a time. I am going back to the basics that I know work for me--journaling all my food--I use Sparkpeople.com to keep track of my calories and such. I have gotten away from doing that and I think it has made a difference--I've gotten lax.

I have 60 days left in the 90 day program. I know that women historically don't show huge improvements in the first 30 days. We will just keep moving on, day after day. It's not like I'm going to quit after 90 days....this is a lifetime thing. I need to workout and eat right for the rest of my life, P90X may be just the start of major changes for me.

If I were to give someone like me advice, it would be this: "Stick with it. Persistance is key. You can't win if you don't play!"

Today's Affirmations:
I am logging everything I eat in my book or Sparkpeople.com
I am eating the right amounts of food for my body type
I am happy with me today!

3 comments:

CeeKaye said...

Hi Shari,

Eat equal portions of a startchy carb, a fibrous carb and a lean protein at every meal. Example: chicken breast, a baked potato that is visually the same size as the chicken breast, and some broccoli which appears to be about the same size as the baked potato.

Eat until you are no longer, hungry; wait 31/2 hours and then do it again.

Also, be sure to drink at least one 8 oz. glass of water at every meal...you should be eating 5-6 meals a day to start seeing results. Remember, eat more to burn more!!!

I've lost many inches of fat doing it this way. I'm never go hungry and i keep gaining muscle and losing the fat!!!!

Buffedstuff said...

Shari,don't worry about the numbers in time they will come. Sure you have to eat correctly but just keep on pushing play.

Marbella said...

Hey Shari,
It really is the pits losing weight after fifty isn´t it? I keep harping over how the game just isn´t the same as it is for the young chicks out there. That is good advice by Ceekaye. So good not to be hungry.
What I am doing right now is reading/following The Gabriel Method book. He says that our bodies *want to be fat*, and there is nothing, but nothing that will change until IT decides to be thin. The trick is to change things that make your body change modes. Really a great book that makes sense. Hope it´ll work for me!
Lynda