Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Day 10 P90X

Debbie Siebers - "Stuck in a rut? Why not try being a role model for someone else? Sometimes putting yourself into this position is just what you need to kick-start your own motivation. It is amazing how much you affect everyone around you in such a positive way when you're making changes, especially to your health and the way you look. Taking the responsibility to help someone else—because you know you will—will also inspire you to do your best. The realization that you can motivate and inspire others is powerful medicine. Use it! You'll make the world around you a better place."

For me this has been great advice! I'm all about accountability, as this blog proves ( I can't believe I actually let people see me in this condition, in all my big bellied glory!) I think it would be hard to take fitness advice from somebody that looked like me back in January 2008. Since I became a coach last month, I have really turned it up a notch. I have lost 16% body fat since January, '08. I am down 1-2 dress sizes, depending on the dress.

I know that at the end of 2008, I will be much more fit than at the start. I have enough time to finish two more rounds of the "X" before the end of the year. I think that this accountability will keep me motivated. Knowing that people are reading my blog and hoping that I am inspiring them will be enough to keep me going to the end. I also have a Beach Body Coach--his name is Jeff. He emails me everyday, gives me great advice, and really makes me feel like he cares.

If you would like to be a role model for somebody else, please take a look at my links over on the right. Here's the one to get you started: Become a Coach

3 comments:

Buffedstuff said...

Isn't it awesome that people are looking up at you saying hey if she can do it so can I.

Jamie said...

It does feel good to inspire someone to get fit. I don't know if I'm doing it but I know I was inspired to keep going when I found your blog. I had a shocking revelation yesterday at the clothing store Shari!

1. I will not focus so much on the scale.
2. I will continue to "melt" away pounds and inches.
3. I am a sexy, confident woman.
4. I will continue to drink a "ton" of water.

Rob said...

Great work Shari.

Keep motivating and being motivated.