Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 41

I have been added to "The Shreddersphere". I am so honored. Don't know what I'm talking about? Check out this site: RTP-Blog Adam Waters This guy has had a really fantastic transformation. There are several of us that are blogging along with him amd sharing our transformations with the world. He was/is in fact the inspiration for me to start my own blog. I have also listed fellow bloggers on my side bar. Check out their transformations and stories. All are motivators.

I forgot to bring my January photo to download! DUH...will do tomorrow. You will be amazed at what I've done in 4 months. I can really see the changes! Can't wait for the next 90 days.

I am wrapping up my first experience with Metabolic Surge. I have accomplished a lot in the last 7 weeks. I have learned that I'm not a sissy girl after all! LOL!! I can lift weights, do HIIT cardio, and I am eating better than ever, even with an occassional mishap. Exercise has become a way of life for me.

When I look back to 2005, I see a person that looked and felt like crap! I still don't look great, but a whole lot better than then! I learned about eating 5-6 small meals to keep my blood sugar up, which carbs were "good",and also that it was okay to eat fat--the right fats.

My body feels better. My hip and knee pain are gone. I am more limber, although I am still working hard in that area. I used to be a cheerleader..splits, jumps, and stretching were a daily routine. I could bend or split any which way! Now that I'm older, I have neglected my stretching--a thing I always took for granted. I figured I'd always be limber. Nope!

I was invited to lunch today: I always have trouble with restaurants. I had chicken and rice soup, a breadstick, and a glass of water. I was full--still am! Proud that I didn't go for the burger and fries--although they were calling my name!

Todays' Affirmations
I am a lean mean fatburning machine
I like myself the way I am
I drink 8 glasses of water every day

4 comments:

CeeKaye said...

Hi Shari,

You Rock! Hey i'm a sucker for a good muschroom and swiss myself =9

May i share some info with you? About carbs - the fact is that refined carbs and sugar are both what spike your blood sugar. When you eat good carbs like brown rice or sweet potato in combo with a protein and a firbrous carb, your blood sugar stabilizes, thus allowing your body to produce less of insulin (the fat storage hormone), and mnoe of glucagon, the fat RELEASE hormone.

I've god a crapload of other cool tidbits of info thruout my blog if you ever feel like browsing...

ok, have a great nite! Ciao~

CeeKaye said...

whoa, sorry about the typos! Looks like i 'hab a code id by dose' LoL (I promise next time to proofread before hitting the publish button)
:)

Debbie said...

Shari, I'm checking out your blog for the first time and am impressed with your spirit and attitude. I will add you to my list of shredders on my blog. You can do this, Shari. You mentioned a spanking on your previous day's post. Be careful, Mike Groom has a big stick that he threatened to use on Lilla! If you didn't see that photo - check out his blog. I think it was last week.

Alex W said...

Wow - that guy is amazing!