Saturday, April 5, 2008

Day 23

Pic of my boys! David and Jacob.
I am so happy that you are leaving your comments! Thank you so much! This will help all of us! If you are new...I have a challenge going for all of April...Leave your affirmations or goals in a comment on my blog. I think this will be a great way to encourage each other!

I found an absolutely fabulous website yesterday! It is "Underground Body Building Tips" They have a free site that has so much info on it, that is REALLY good stuff. You can actually print off a month's worth of FREE menus in just about any caloric range you desire. There are video's of exercises, articles, just so much! Check it out and sign up! It's FREE people, FREE!!!

Yesterday was my all fruit day! I did great all day until I got home. I ate a handful of potato chips. Don't know WHY I did that. I don't even eat potato chips. I can have an open bag in the house (usually it is for my hubbie's lunches) for weeks and NEVER feel tempted. My thing is chocolate. If it's in the house, it's gone. No matter what the quantity is...a bag of kisses, or just one little piece--it's gone! What is your "trigger" food? Leave me a comment....

Today is High Carb. I had egg whites, broccoli, spinach, oatmeal, and berries this morning. It was Yummy. I am actually eating right now as I blog, LOL! I am munching on 1/2 c of non fat plain yog, 1 cup of berries, and 1/3 c oatmeal (uncooked) all mixed up together. It is REALLY good! I add a little stevia to sweeten it up a bit.

I did my workout this morning--Muscle Rounds--quads, hams, calves. I'm getting good at this weightlifting thing! Muscle rounds are 4 sets of 6 reps w/a weight you can lift for 10 reps. You do however as many rounds as prescribed for the day/week. I did 3 rounds. An hour later, when I was leaving the house for work--I have to go down 21 steps from my front door to my truck. My legs just didn't want to go. I was afraid I couldn't go down the steps. My legs were shaking so bad. It was actually really funny. I made it down the steps grateful that I could sit down in the truck! They still feel wobbly 5 hours later!


Okay...here are my affirmations for today:
1. My positive thoughts are now creating the body I desire
2. I am a lean, mean, fat-burning machine! Yeah!!
3. I burn off more calories than I consume

What are yours?

2 comments:

trutallica said...

Very cute boys you have there.

As for my divorce; this is what a lawyer quoted me and I thought that was insane considering he's in prison with no where to go and we have no children, nothing between us but a last name.
I didn't mention in the blog post, that I left him in 2001 the same year I married him. I should have never married him but I was young, dumb and naive.

But part of me wants to stay married so that he can't screw up another woman's life once he gets out again and I'm sure they'll let him again.

Ellen

renee - 21st Century Parenting said...

i agree. very handsome young men indeed! (my 1st is 14... he now has fuzzy leg hair! hahaha can't believe how fast they grow1!!!!)

i think it's great that you're sharing your journey toward wellness! i wish you the best.

i'm really working on my SOCIAL fitness. (& that is having good PHYSICAL effect)

sweets, in genera, are my trigger food.