Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 21--small changes




I SWEAR....the more I look at this pic, the more I am SURE that my belly is getting bigger!!!

I have noticed some small changes. My lower abdomen is definitely smaller--you know, the "apron" area--ring a bell?? I took a measurement of it this morning so I can add it to my stats. I wish I had measured it 4 weeks ago! Better late than never! My thighs are down and my arms & ankles are smaller! I see it in my face also. Isn't it funny that the places that change first are the places we could care less about! LOL!!

I am on an all protein day today. I did my assigned cardio intervals this morning, I really like those! Gets my blood flowing and I really feel great afterwards!

I had a great phone conversation yesterday with Heather Picken. Heather was a figure competitor for several years. She has some great websites and programs. She was telling me about the importance of getting your "head together". Where the head goes the body follows. I believe, as does Heather, that all the cardio, weight training, and nutrition in the world won't help unless you actually have your "mind" wrapped around the project! I am learning about affirmations, visualization, and self talk. Heather says that we need to dig deep to figure out what our "dominant" thoughts are telling us. Most of the time this thought is something like, "I am so fat, I will never lose weight". And so we don't. We need to learn to change our thinking and thought process. How can we expect our body to change, if our brain keeps telling it, it can't? As per Heather's book, I am going to spend time each day writing goals and affirmations. I will change my self talk. I will be posting my affirmations each day, right here on my blog. You should do the same! Leave your affirmations here in my comments! How fun would that be?! If you would like to find out more about Heather's program click here

There are also plenty of websites and books on the subject. My favorite is The Secret. You can get it on Amazon for about 8 bucks. The subject matter of this book is nothing new, but I believe that God wants us to have abundance in our lives. If you throw it out there to the Universe, then it WILL come back to you. You just have to know how to do it the right way!

Today's Affirmations:

I am a size 6.
My metabolism has always been fast!
I am fit and healthy


Weight today: 190

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Great idea posting affirmations Shari!