Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Day 20




"While the nature of your dreams needs to inspire, you must also recognize the fact that it takes only small steps to create amazing changes. The dream will lead the way, but it won't come in one giant leap. Small steps, carried out each day, will bring you to the destinations you seek." ???

This such great advice. I need to keep this close to my heart and remember these words when I am feeling down. Like now. I am taking the steps everyday...at the end of this year I will have arrived at my destination. How will I do this?? Consistency and persistance. These are the only two things that matter.

I have a lot of things going against me: I'm 50, menopausal, short--endo-meso body type with emphasis on ENDO! BUT...I have a lot of things going for me: The WANT-to, I can be be pretty tenacious when I'm after something I truly want. I also have plenty of time in the mornings to do my workouts--again with the consistency and persistance.

Here are two more crappy pics of me. This morning when I weighed in, I can see that I am just teetering on moving down one more pound--FINALLY! I am NOT a patient person, I expect that if I am doing the work, and doing the eating--I will lose fat. This is like pulling teeth! I know...this kinda flies in the face of what I just said. Consistency and Persistance are one thing, but PATIENCE is the hardest to master. I have a quick Irish temper and tend to be quick to judge and react. I will stick to it and finish Level One. Then I will reasess where I'm at--I have the option to follow the Metabolic Surge Regular Program or do something else. We'll see. Onward and upward!

Weight today: 190 (still)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good things come to those who wait. I saw that you had visited my blog via blogcatalog so I checked out your blog. I've added you to my blog roll on my blog also. Good luck.

Jamie