Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 2 P90X


Picture courtesy of Jamie.

Today I am dead...holy crapola. If I thought yesterday was tough, today was KILLER. Plyometrics was the deal of the day. Jump training. It sucks...really, really bad. Since I should weigh about 120 lbs, and currently weigh 190..trying to jump my chubbie little body in the air is like lifing a ton! We did jumping jacks, jack squats, frog leaps, tires, monster tires, heisman jumps, etc. Now I know you may not know what these names are, I don't know if they are common names, or names made up by the trainer for P90X. I have one word for Tony Horton (trainer)--EVIL. The DVD is one hour. We do each movement for 30 seconds. There are scheduled breaks and water breaks. I ran out of gas half way thru. I felt pretty good about doing 1/2 an hour. I went to email my coach, and as I was sitting there, got a second wind...I decided to pick up where I left off. I am so glad I did. I really feel like I accomplished something BIG!

I tell ya...P90X is tough. It's a true bootcamp. If you want a challenge, do it. There is nothing better out there. I am sore, I am tired, I am sweaty, but I FEEL GOOD!!!!! I feel strong! I know it's only been two days, but these two days are tougher than anything I have ever done, and I did it!!! Let's hope I can keep up my enthusiasm and focus. I know I will...if you help me!

CLOTHING CHALLENGE! I have 4 participants! C'mon...let's get a few more. I'd like to have 10. If you don't want to post your pic. That's fine. Send it to me anyway and I'll keep it. We'll post it at the end of 30 days. That way I can hold you accountable.

My Jamie girl has posted hers on her blog! Woohoo! Iwill post all the links to participants blogs by the 1st--whoa! that's only two days away! Man, time is slipping.

Today's Affirmations:

I am doing P90X
I am eating to fuel my body
I am a lean mean fat burning machine! Yeah!

8 comments:

Suzette said...

So glad for you that you finished the training for the day. it does give you a feeling of accomplishment that you did it all the way through...just in two intervals, which is ok!
I might just send you my pic for the clothing challenge. maybe it will spur me on to really push it the next 30 days so my bathing suit "reveal" will be massive.

tipsonweightloss.blogspot.com said...

You are definitly a fighter. I can't imagine me doing those exercises. You Go Girl.

Aaron said...

Shari,

Make sure that you MODIFY those exercises as needed!! I have already given thought to putting together a "P90X Lite" information source that will tell people how to modify the P90X exercises in case the original versions are too tough.

All that matters is that you work as hard as you can, NOT that you keep up with Tony and the gang. It's a great program, but be smart about using it. Give me a shout if I can help in any way, Shari! :)

Rob said...

Wow!
You are kickin butt...

I am here for a purpose and that purpose is to grow into a mountain, not to shrink to a grain of sand. Henceforth will I apply ALL my efforts to become the highest mountain of all and I will strain my potential until it cries for mercy.
Og Mandino

Rob

Jamie said...

I can hardly wait for the challenge to start! It's not so much that the article of clothing doesn't fit at all....It's more that it doesn't fit right in certain area's and I want to "fix" those area's.
Keep up the good work Shari! You'll be at your target weight in NO TIME!

Your Grateful Cyber-friend, Christy said...

Cool button on your blog. Congrats on Day 2. Tony is evil. haha But why does that make me love him more? That workout sounds tough. Great job.

www.kalililla.com said...

Plyometrics? You're a brave soul. I've been avoiding then but I actually think it could make the difference in my stupid last 10lbs that won't budge. Will have to look into it more.
I did a clothing challenge back in Dec - Mar08. I may just join your challenge group too! I need to locate my ultra skinny jeans first.

Mike Groom said...

Shari, you are doing great. You're a great asset to the ShredderSphere. Keep up the motivation you are providing.