Sunday, March 16, 2008

Day Three


I am finishing up Week 3 of Conditioning today. Today is kinda like a "free" day. The points for todays meals don't count in the weekly total, so I can be a little free with my meals. HOWEVER...I really did a bad thing. I ate a HUGE chocolate bar. I have a problem with chocolate. It rules my life. I have to have it, just like sex. It calls my name! This is the one thing that I REALLY have to watch. For so many people "dieting" is an all or nothing proposition--especially women. When we do one bad thing, we think we have ruined our whole program. Then we rationalize, "Well, I screwed up....so I'll just start again on Monday." We have to learn how to live our lives AND include healthy eating. A little bit of chocolate won't hurt--as long as you have planned for it in your meal plans. Don't make it a habit everyday, but now and then. If you DO fall off the wagon, get right back on. DON"T wait until Monday! Just pick up where you left off and have your next meal as scheduled. There WILL be bumps in the road. You can get past them. I believe there's no such thing as "willpower"--I believe in "planning power". Write up a plan and stick with it. If you know what you need to eat--you'll eat it. If things are cooked up in the fridge--you'll eat them.

I always take Mondays (I work weekends, so Monday is my Saturday) to plan my meals for the week. I grocery shop in the morning. Then in the afternoon, I cook. I throw about 8 chicken breasts on the grill. I bake some potatoes and sweet potatoes. I make a huge pot of brown rice. My veggies are usually frozen, but I always buy baby carrots, apples, and salad fixin's. Sometimes, if I have enough time, I bag up 1 cup portions of rice and throw them in the fridge. 99.9% of what I eat is clean, natural food. I don't buy anything in a box or can. I use balsamic vinegar and olive oil for my dressing. I hope some of this helps you. I know it is all basic stuff and you've probably heard it before...but that's the point. You KNOW what to do, so just do it. It has taken me several months to get in the "groove" and make this way of eating a lifestyle. I eat 6 meals a day. I have never felt better. Now if I can just get this exercise thing down.....

No comments: