Friday, March 14, 2008

Day One



About 3 weeks ago I embarked upon a new fitness journey. I found a website that promised a physique transformation if I would stick with the program and follow directions. Okay...I can do that. So I signed up for the 5 day trial. Basically all that did was show me how crappy my eating was, and I thought I was doing pretty well! I decided to join the program--it's 7.95 per month. The program will track your exercise and eating plans. It will analyze and score your daily input. The key is to plan ahead and input your meals the day before. Then tweak them to get an A+ score. It takes a little time, but well worth it. It is easy once you get the hang of it. Your macros are figured for you based upon a questionaire you fill out during the trial.

The first phase of the program is Conditioning. The premise of this phase is that just about everyone's metabolism is pretty screwed up with low cal diets and such so it needs to be "fixed". Basically what you do for the next 4-8 weeks is EAT. They also recommend weight training from the get go, but limit cardio thru the Conditioning phase. Calories are hiked up each week by about 200 cals. I started at 1800 and will finish at 2300. Some people may gain a couple of pounds during this time, but not to worry..the Fat Burning phase is next. This works on the zig zag theory. One day your calories may be 1800 the next 1200, then up again the next day to around 1400-1600. The program also calculates to the day when you will hit your goal. I have 4 weeks Conditioning (I'm now in week 3) Then I will have 40 weeks of Fat Burning--aiming for 1.5 lbs loss each week.

There is also a free blog for you to document your trials and tribulations, a forum, and the Fit League. Great tools to keep you on track.

I highly recommend this site.... www.physiquetransformation.com It will open your eyes as to what you are REALLY putting into your body. The site owner, Ric Rooney, really knows his stuff. I have combined what I have learned at his site and from Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat Book--hopefully I have finally found the right combination for me.

A little background on me: I am a fat, out of shape, 50 year old, menopausal woman. If that's not enough, I'm 5'2". I have a lot of things against me, but I am out to prove to the world that just because you are all of the above things...DOES NOT mean you have to live like this. Just because you are 50 doesn't mean you can succumb to middle aged spread or a huge spare "hormonal tire" around your middle. This is MY year. My goal is to lose 50 lbs of FAT by Dec. 31st 2008. Just for the record, I weigh 195 lbs. My bust is 44", waist is 37", hips are 44", thighs are 24". My body fat is 41.7

Join me on my journey....I will need support and friends to help me along. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Good luck Shari! You and I are in the same boat. Trying to stay motivated is a real pain sometimes but keep your eye on the prize.

Bazooka Jeff said...

Great job Shari....and keep up the effort! The great thing about these blog reports is that you feel a responsibility to keep making progress daily!

Take it one day at a time for the rest of your life!

BazookaJeff