Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day 6


Today is a rest day for me. I am following Nick Nilsson's Metabolic Surge. I am eating Low Carb this week. Next week will be High Carb. If you have not seen this program, I encourage you to check it out. www.fitstep.com

Are you chained to your bathroom scale? Many people still don't understand that the scale is NOT the best indicator of "weight". Yeah, it tells you how much you weigh, but does it tell you that you are 25% bodyfat??? Does it measure the muscle you actually have on your body? Body composition is such a better way to keep track of your progress. I weigh myself every morning. I have gotten past the "freak out" every morning when I'm up an ounce or even a couple of pounds. That doesn't bother me any more. It's just a way of keeping my eye on things. I check my bodyfat every week. I feel it gives me a more "true" way of gauging my progress. I keep a journal with all my stats in it. I've done this now for about a year. I also log my food and exercise at www.sparkpeople.com
It is so cool to look back month by month and see what I have accomplished. Before I started this blog, I lost 30 lbs in 2007. I was (still am) enormous! I started at 213 lbs. I gained 12 lbs back. I've lost 3 of those. So...I'm back on track and working a new plan. If I didn't have a plan in writing, I'd be lost. Back to the scales....

I know that if I were to have Mexican Food--I would weigh up to 4 lbs heavier the next morning. This used to really bother me until I realized that there was no way that I actually gained 4 lbs of FAT! After a couple of days the excess water and salt flushes from my body and I am back to normal.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this, "Don't let the scale rule your life". It's a tool--one of many that can be used to fight the war on fat!

Weight today: 192

No comments: