Saturday, March 29, 2008

Day 16


oo-rah! The Hardest job in the Marine Corp is MOM. These workouts I'm doing make me FEEL like a Marine Mom! I have a T-shirt that I wear when I work out. It says "My Son is a U.S. Marine...what does yours do?? I had to put up a picture of me and my son--the Marine. He has been at Camp Lejeune doing some training and I have not been able to speak with him since January. He has been training to be a Tow Gunner--he shoots guided missles at tanks. There is a possibility that he may be sent to California for awhile. That would be nice! Then I could see him now and then! I am so proud of him. He is totally dedicated to his country and the men in his squad. God Bless them all and thank you for keeping this country free.

Wow! I had my cheat meal last night....I was looking forward to it all week, and you know what? It wasn't that great. I ordered a large pizza for my hubbie and I. I had two pieces and was full. It just didn't taste as good as I wanted it to. I guess that is a good thing! I also had a Hershey chocolate bar.

This morning I am back on the Low Carb rotation. Today will be mostly chicken and salads. Kinda boring, but hey! I'll eat it, and be happy/proud of myself for doing it! It's not easy sticking to a "clean" diet. The rewards are tremendous. In two short weeks I can feel that my "insides" are better--digestion, elimination, even blood pressure. My bp is 132/80. My resting heart rate is 64--down from 85 about a year ago.

Today's workout was a tough one. I am doing the Fat Loss Circuit this week. What you do is one set of 5-7 reps of a back exercise, then 40 seconds of all out cardio, then one set of 5-7 reps of a chest exercise, then 40 seconds of cardio--repeat for 5 sets. Then you move on to biceps/calf raises. Same procedure. Then I did 3 sets of ab exercises, two sets for my rotator cuff, and 2 sets of lower back--all this is called the Core Combo. No cardio between these sets. Tomorrow will be legs, shoulders, and triceps--same circuit style.

I was beat to snot! I told my hubbie I thought I could probably lay down and take a nap! I dragged for about an hour and a half, but I'm pretty perky now!!! Feeling great! If you're not doing this Metabolic Surge program, you should really check it out! I have never done anything like it, nor have I seen anyone doing it! You owe it to yourself to try it.

I've been thinking about my red dress again today. I really want to wear it. I have the perfect black open toe platform sling-back pumps to wear with it. I have decided to post a pic of me wearing this dress when I finish Level One on May 1st. I can't wait to see the results!

My weight today is 190'ish--I'm up a few ounces, but not enough to make a full pound. I'm sure it's from the junk I ate last night.

Measurements and pics on Monday, March 31.

No comments: